Leasowe lighthouse, Wirral. Built in 1763 and the oldest brick-built lighthouse in Britain. It was one of four lights on the North Wirral foreshore, the others being two at Hoylake and another - a lower light - at Leasowe. The latter was soon destroyed by the sea and was replaced by a lighthouse on Bidston Hill in 1771. The lighthouse was operational until 14 July 1908.